Outdoor fitness training in the sun can be really fun, uplifting and motivating. (Read more on the benefits of outdoor exercise / fitness training here). We want to enjoy the sun, get some vitamin D, while protecting our skin from sun damage. Here are our top tips on staying safe in the sun this summer:
- Use a sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher that offers UVA and UVB protection.
- Apply sunscreen generously to bareskin, 20 minutes before going outdoors.
- Reapply sunscreen every two hours, immediately after swimming, and after sweating.
- Wear a hat or cap to protect the scalp.
- Avoid direct sun exposure as much as possible, especially between 11am and 3pm when the sun is the strongest.
- Don’t forget to use sunscreen on cloudy days, as 80% of the sun’s UV rays can penetrate through clouds.
- Drink plenty of water and stay hydrated.
Hope you find this article helpful. Let me know what you think by leaving a comment below.
See you at one of our outdoor training sessions!